For our product development clients, we have a network of patent attorneys that work with small manufacturers, startups, and inventors. We have preferred connections with these patent agents and patent lawyers to help our clients with all things related to Intellectual Property Protection. These referral connections ensure that our clients are getting quality IP work, at cost-effective prices. These lawyers know that they are required to uphold Mako’s quality of work standard and at good pricing for our clients, otherwise we won’t send them referrals. Of course, if you have an existing preferred patent attorney, we’re always happy to work with them too – Whatever is the best for you and your product is all that we care about.
Mako’s Secrets to Client Success: Mako’s secret to being the top product development solution to small business product clients is comprised of 5 main pillars:
- Product Design Processes Tailored to Small Businesses / Startups. We have spent 20 years creating, testing, refining, and perfecting the many product development processes required to create global calibre products, but specifically for small businesses and startups only. It is only an intense focus on this specific product development niche that has brought us to the point where we can ensure we are perfectly aligned with the client’s product vision, are able to design it to a modern top-tier calibre, do it in an incredibly timely manner, and all at small business budgets. This alone is what makes it impossible to compete with Mako in this specific niche market; however, this is only 1 of 5 pillars of Mako’s industry-leading product design services.
- The Most Advanced Industrial Design Library on Earth. We have a library of over 1,000 products that we have developed in-house for our clients, each with dozens of sub-processes, materials analysis, mechanics, electronics, etc. This incredible wealth of knowledge ensures we can tackle most new consumer product ideas with a deep understanding of most if not all individual design elements of your project. Most design firms don’t even have knowledge libraries, let alone the sheer size of ours, let alone how organized and technologically advanced ours is.
- Exclusively Highly Experienced Designers. More than half of our designers are out of mid to senior level design positions from Dell, Nike, Bose, Boing, and others. And not just designers with great titles at these firms, but designers who were responsible for actual CAD design all day every day – The builders. We have no junior designers, even for industrial design or concept design, as all of our client projects have the intent of going all the way to production. Whether the client themselves go to production, or the client sells or licences to someone who does, either way, Mako is usually on the hook to ensure production runs smoothly, so we want to ensure that we are designing reliable and cost-effective manufacturable projects right from the onset of the project.
- Breadth of Product Design Team. To design a quality product, and have it developed quickly, it takes between 5 and 8 design experts throughout the process from initial sketch to eventual production. Given Mako’s large and multi-faceted team, we are able to put together the best people at each stage of development to ensure the most qualified expert is on each unique part of the product and each stage of development. Some of our clients also have 1 or 2 of the above experts (or are an expert themselves), so this further helps in our joint ability to bring the best Mako folks in together with the client experts to ensure a design team that is whole from end to end.
- Timely and Cost Effective. How can the quality and standard be so high, but also be cost effective and quickly executed? Well, the above 4 answers, combined, is how it’s done – By having incredible design processes, a massive consumer product library, highly talented and efficient designers, and a large team to handle all elements from sketch to shelves, this is how we ensure that costs are at small business levels while quality is world-class, and done on a tight schedule. This creates the magical win-win for everyone involved.
CONTACT US to talk in detail about the specifics of your project to see what Mako can do for you.