With Joe Dunne, Director of Partnerships at PTC
Hosted by Kevin Mako of MAKO Design + Invent
Joe Dunne is the head of partnerships at PTC, the company behind Onshape and Creo. Prior to this role, he was with SolidWorks since its early days in 1995 and was previously a mechanical engineer. Today, Joe will provide valuable insights for inventors, startups, and small manufacturers on how CAD software has progressed since the 1980s, current best-in-class software practices, and how the software continues to evolve to improve the speed, cost, and quality of bringing new hardware products to market.
Today you will hear us talk about:
- The evolution of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- The advent of 3D parametric modeling in the 1990s
- A significant shift occurred with the move to 3D, allowing for more iterative design processes
- Identifying individuals to collaborate with
- Current CAD software has advanced through cloud-based technology
- The future of CAD lies in its integrations, made possible by the cloud-based architecture of the core software
- This results in the development of products with increased efficiency, faster speeds, and fewer resources, from design to production
- CAD design technology is now a community of integrated app developers building upon the core CAD technology host
- Bringing your product to market and testing it is crucial.
- Today, design options offer more flexibility than ever before.
Joe Dunne Links:
LinkedIn | Onshape
The Product Startup Podcast Links:
Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook Page | Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
OnShape | Creo
Mako Design Links:
YouTube | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
Kevin Mako Links:
Instagram | LinkedIn | Quora | Facebook | Twitter
Partner: PTC’s best-in-class software solutions Onshape: The only cloud-native product development platform that delivers full-featured computer-aided design (CAD), integrated product data management (PDM) and enterprise analytics in a single system, and Creo: 3D CAD solution that provides designers with the most innovative tools to build better products faster, such as generative design, additive manufacturing, real-time simulation, IIoT, and augmented reality.
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!