Guest: Jonas Rinde, Founder of Nomono
Hosted by Kevin Mako of MAKO Design + Invent
Jonas Rinde is the mastermind behind Nomono, a compact podcasting device. He boasts a remarkable track record, with three major product exits resulting in billions of dollars in acquisition and over 50 hardware products under his belt in the past two decades. Today, he will impart his invaluable wisdom to aspiring inventors, startups, and small manufacturers by revealing the three crucial components of creating a top-notch consumer device and how they have propelled him to attain multi-billion dollar success in hardware product development.
Today you will hear us talk about:
- 1st wow: Understanding the product as a potential customer
- Attractive Design
- 2nd wow: The experience of using the product
- 3rd wow: Becoming a fan after using the product
- Listen to customer feedback, but maintain focus.
- Focus and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) are crucial, avoid adding unnecessary features.
- Don’t discard ideas for added features, instead, organize, structure and prioritize them for potential future product releases.
- Perfect the first product and then develop additional versions to form a related product portfolio.
- Market your product to the public.
- A simple design not only makes the product easy to sell but also user-friendly for customers
Partner: PTC’s best-in-class software solutions Onshape: The only cloud-native product development platform that delivers full-featured computer-aided design (CAD), integrated product data management (PDM) and enterprise analytics in a single system, and Creo: 3D CAD solution that provides designers with the most innovative tools to build better products faster, such as generative design, additive manufacturing, real-time simulation, IIoT, and augmented reality.
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!