With David Brown, Design Engineer at Mako Design
Hosted by Kevin Mako, President of MAKO Design + Invent
David Brown, is a seasoned design engineer at Mako Design, boasting a remarkable blend of expertise in product engineering and industrial design. In this session, David shares a treasure trove of knowledge with inventors, startups, and small manufacturers, shedding light on the world of photo-realistic product renderings for hardware products. Exploring the intricacies of the design and production process, he unravels the undeniable value these renderings hold for hardware startups. Whether seeking capital investment or aiming to captivate new customers, David unveils the potential that lies within these visually stunning representations.
Today you will hear us talk about:
- Numerous types of hardware renderings are available, each with its unique characteristics.
- Among these, we have low-fidelity renders, providing basic representations of the product.
- CAD renders showcase detailed and precise designs, requiring a strong foundation in computer-aided design.
- Rendering is an intricate art that demands expertise and skill, far from being a simple task.
- Renders play a crucial role in determining materials, finishes, lighting, reflections, background, and other essential elements.
- For captivating potential investors, video renderings prove to be highly thrilling and engaging.
- Techniques like hero shots, zooming in and out, fading, and exploded view add dynamism to the visual presentation.
- Exploded view renderings hold immense power in revealing intricate product details and functionalities.
David Brown Links:
Partner: PTC’s best-in-class software solutions Onshape: The only cloud-native product development platform that delivers full-featured computer-aided design (CAD), integrated product data management (PDM) and enterprise analytics in a single system, and Creo: 3D CAD solution that provides designers with the most innovative tools to build better products faster, such as generative design, additive manufacturing, real-time simulation, IIoT, and augmented reality.
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!