Already recording their second season and over 100 episodes in total, the Being an Engineer podcast is an incredible library of information and best practices in the world of engineering. Their podcast is powered by Pipeline, an engineering and product design firm based in Arizona. They specialize in three distinct areas:
- Equipment, fixture and machine development:
- Product Design and development; and
- Scanning and reverse engineering.
This episode is a special one folks. In this episode, Kevin is taking a deep dive into MAKO’s history and some insider knowledge. Many know us as the firm that specializes in providing world-class product design specifically for home inventors, small businesses, and startups. While others will bring up our feats in the design industry like our dozens of awards or the fact that we’ve brought over 1000 dream ideas to life. Indeed, what you’ll be treated to in this episode are some unique tips you’ve probably heard for the first time about the different ways to fund your product and help ensure you don’t overload your product with unnecessary features.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Kevin came up with the idea of our engineering and product design firm.
- Advancements in manufacturing that helps inventors bring their ideas to life without breaking the bank.
- At what stage of the product development process are you ready for crowdfunding?
- What is “feature overload/feature creeping” and how to prevent it.
- What is a Smart MVP.
- Why you need to demonstrate value with your idea prior to looking for investments.
- Different types of investment
- Why you shouldn’t give up equity up so easily in the early stages of your company.
Be sure to catch the full episode here.
Don’t for get to catch up on some other recent shows featuring Kevin!
- The Virtual CMO Podcast: Blog / Podcast
- What Makes Them Tip: Blog / Podcast
- WBSRocks Podcast: Blog / Podcast
- Entrepreneurs on Fire: Blog / Podcast
- The Wealth Navigator Podcast: Blog / Podcast
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!