With Lamees Butt, SVP of Zoovu
Hosted by Kevin Mako, President of MAKO Design + Invent
Lamees Butt holds the position of Senior Vice President at Zoovu, an e-commerce data platform company with a team of 250 professionals. Zoovu collaborates with hardware startups and leading hardware brands worldwide. Lamees has amassed over 15 years of experience in the e-commerce tools domain, working with prestigious brands like Mercedes Benz, 3M, Microsoft, and others. In her upcoming session, Lamees will impart valuable knowledge to inventors, startups, and small manufacturers on e-commerce product discovery, techniques to attract potential customers, and optimizing return on ad spend to scale up sales for new hardware product inventions.
Today you will hear us talk about:
- Bridging the gap between retail stores and e-commerce
- Understanding Product discovery for potential buyers
- Exploring the human factor in online product discovery for new hardware products
- The power of connected customer experiences in e-commerce
- Diverse demographics and their product discovery methods
- Going beyond websites as mere indexes
- Enhancing e-commerce experiences for higher conversions
- Mastering your product data
- Leveraging a product information management platform
- Humanizing technical specifications through various formats
- Developing customer trust in your brand
- Time-saving strategies to increase customer retention
- Post-purchase customer understanding for future sales tactics
- Applying AI to identify common threads among paying customers
- Embracing a customer-first methodology
- Segmenting customers for targeted advertising
- Converting potential customers into paying customers effectively.
- 03:15 – Bridging the gap between e-commerce and physical retail stores for hardware products
- 03:45 – What is product discovery in e-commerce for new hardware products?
- 03:55 – How do prospective customers find out about your product?
- 4:10 – How do you describe technical specifications in a human way which helps sell a potential customer.
- 5:00 – Product discovery defined
- 5:15 – How do you attract the correct intent, with certain triggers, for prospect buyers.
- 6:00 – Secondary questions, opportunities, and pain points
- 6:15 – Understand the different persona customer groups, and figure out where they are looking to shop for your product.
- 7:00 – Websites are just libraries of products, what advertising does is capture intent based interest to drive the correct audience to your website.
- 7:30 – Understand your product data, a product information management platform
- 7:45 – Translate specifications into discovery conversations via a humanistic medium.
- 8:30 – Visual configurators are advanced methods of capturing buyer needs.
- 8:45 – Build trust with your customers so you can advise them correctly.
- 9:00 – The end customer doesn’t appreciate specifications, they appreciate the value the product provides to that customer.
- 11:45 – Ensure you find match between what the client wants and your perfect product to that exact match.
- 12:00 – If you service someone well with your product, you gain a strong lifetime customer.
- 12:00 – Understand your customer, even post-purchase.
- 12:30 – Artificial Intelligence and machine learning can help find the trends and triggers that drove certain customers to purchase your product.
- 14:30 – Customer-first approach to marketing via e-commerce.
- 15:30 – Spray and pray marketing no longer works in the saturated e-commerce market today.
- 16:00 – Once you have captured views, how do you carefully build tools to ensure you capture the purchase from those prospective customers.
- 16:30 – Once you figure out return-on-adspend, you can grow like crazy as the more money you put in the exponentially more revenue you are getting out of your e-commerce advertising machine.
- 17:15 – Niche products are best, easiest, and cheapest to get customers by efficiently targeting that niche audience.
Lamees Butt Links:
Partner: PTC’s best-in-class software solutions Onshape: The only cloud-native product development platform that delivers full-featured computer-aided design (CAD), integrated product data management (PDM) and enterprise analytics in a single system, and Creo: 3D CAD solution that provides designers with the most innovative tools to build better products faster, such as generative design, additive manufacturing, real-time simulation, IIoT, and augmented reality.
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!