Starting a new small business is a tough and demanding job that requires a lot of external help in the few beginning stages. Whether you are still in the beginning steps or well on your way to the debut of your small business, receiving and have a good reference of some of the best business resources is always good to have on hand. You never know when you may find yourself stuck or in need of searching for a specific need for your small business. Luckily, along with the product development services that we offer to our clients, the Mako Design + Invent is an amazing reference to have for the best business resource for small businesses and product design! Below we’ve compiled some of the best business resources we can offer new and upcoming small business owner and inventors for an all-in-one reference!
Small Business Resource for Product Design
As we are mainly a full-service product development firm, product design is what we excel and are passionate about the most. Product design is large and varying topic, but no matter what advice or help you need for your future product design, here are some of the best business resource that cover blog topics on helping you understand how to design your best product:
- Mako’s Take on Trends in Product Design: Trends are popular pattern shifts in the certain designs and styles that gain massive profits during their peak popularities. Although trends exist within multiple fields and areas of interest – trends are a huge influence within the design world. This blog will teach you everything you need to know about how trends effect product design from Mako’s strategy team.
- PCB’s for Your Product Design: If you’re planning on building a product that will have an electrical component, it’s important to understand how a ‘PCB’ (Printed Circuit Board) will play a big part in the functionality and design of your product. Read out informative blog on PCB to learn about everything you need to know about PCB’s for your product!
- Importance of Prototypes for Your Product Design: No matter how you plan on going about building your product, a prototype is almost always necessary! There are a number of different steps, requirements, and different kinds of prototypes available for the production of your product. This blog is the best business resource that goes over every type of prototype that is buildable for your product and which prototype Mako Design would recommend for the type of product you plan to build!
- Simplicity in Product Design: A huge idea and product design philosophy we love to preach at Mako is the idea of keeping your product simple. Although it is initially exciting to begin your product design journey, it’s important to think strategically about how you want to approach your product design, especially with the end of goal of entering the market and starting a small business. Our blog on simplicity will explain the reasons why a simple design is ideal for your product.
Small Business Resources for Patents
Patents are huge aspect within product design and development. Not only that, but if you plan on starting a business with your new invention idea or design, a patent should almost be required in order to fully begin to start your business without the worry that someone could steal your unique idea! A lot of home inventors are at first put off by the prices that goes along with filing for a patent with their idea, but a great small business resource for patents is our blog on Why You Should File for a Design Patent which covers all the reasons why filing for a design patent is extremely important for the livelihood of your original ideas and future small business.
Small Business Resources for Manufacturing
After thinking of your invention idea and have gone through the prototype and concept design phase, it is time to manufacture your design! However, to help make this step seem less daunting, here are some of the best small business resources from our strategy team that will show how much less complicated the process for manufacturing is. These blogs go over everything that will help you understand the manufacturing process more easily:
- Factors that Affect Your Manufacturing Design: Although some inventors might have a good grasp on what it means to begin manufacturing their design, there are a lot of different factors that can change and affect your design! This blog will highlight the specific factors that can have a big impact on your design during the manufacturing process.
- Choosing the Right Material for Your Product: Hands down one of the first and most important aspects to consider when creating or getting ready to manufacture your first product, is the material that your product will be made of! It might be a difficult decision, especially with so many options, which is why the strategy team at Mako Design gives an insightful list of factors to consider when choosing the material for your product.
If you have a great new invention and you’d like to learn more about this process, get in touch with MAKO here and visit our website to find out more. Feel free to give us a call at 1-888-MAKO and we can set you up on a call with our product analyst!
About: MAKO Design + Invent is the original firm providing world-class consumer product development services tailored to startups, small manufacturers, and inventors. Simply put, we are the leading one-stop-shop for developing your physical product from idea to store shelves, all in a high-quality, cost-effective, and timely manner. We operate as one powerhouse 30-person product design team spread across 4 offices to serve you (Austin, Miami, San Francisco, & Toronto). We have full-stack in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, patent referral, prototyping, and manufacturing services. To assist our startup and inventor clients, in addition to above, we help with business strategy, product strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. Also, our founder Kevin Mako hosts The Product Startup Podcast, the industry's leading hardware podcast. Check it out for tips, interviews, and best practices for hardware startups, inventors, and product developers. Click HERE to learn more about MAKO Design + Invent!